Larger than the?CTS, the new?XTS?delivers space, elegance and dramatic presence, but with entirely new and technically advanced methods tuned for a new generation of luxury customers. It also marks the debut of?CUE, a customizable user interface. ?The heart of CUE, which stands for Cadillac User Experience, is the standard eight-inch screen in the center stack. ?CUE features several industry firsts, including capacitive-touch control with proximity sensing, gesture recognition and natural voice recognition.
?The Cadillac XTS represents a new formula for luxury, driven by advanced technology,? said Don Butler, vice president of Cadillac Marketing. ?XTS showcases the evolution of our Art & Science philosophy, merging the best technical ideas with the continued refinement of Cadillac design.?
Available exclusively on the XTS is the 12.3-inch reconfigurable instrument cluster. The graphic displays can be toggled between four driver-selectable themes, ranging from minimal to extensive information.
- Advanced Haldex all-wheel-drive system with electronically controlled limited-slip differential
- Magnetic Ride Control, rear air suspension, HiPer Strut front suspension and Brembo brakes ? all standard
- Standard 19-inch wheels and available 20-inch wheels
- Direct-injected 3.6L V-6 with lightweight features, including integrated cylinder heads/exhaust manifolds
- Capless fuel tank filler for easier, cleaner refueling
- Folding rear-seat headrests that enhance rear visibility
- Safety Alert Seat that vibrates to alert the driver
- Intervening braking system that lessens or avoids potential collisions
?Short- and long-range radar systems that support:
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Front and Rear Automatic Brakes
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert.
The XTS is also the most-spacious Cadillac sedan. It has offers more interior space than other midsize luxury cars and is comparable to full-size sedans, particularly in the rear seat area, where it has 40 inches of rear legroom. ?The trunk is a spacious 18 cubic feet.
XTS is powered by a 300-hp, 3.6-liter V-6 matched with the Hydra-Matic 6T70 six-speed automatic transmission with tap-shift control.